March 3, 2020
The NYU Annual Survey of American Law dedicated its 77th volume to Barbara Underwood, Solicitor General of New York State.
Tributes delivered by:
• Honorable Zachary Carter, `75, former Corporation Counsel for New York City, US Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, and former judge of the New York City Criminal Court
• Elizabeth Holtzman, former US Congresswoman, former New York City Comptroller, former District Attorney of Kings County, and current Counsel at Herrick, Feinstein in New York City
• Pamela Karlan, Kenneth and Harle Montgomery Professor of Public Interest Law, Co-Director of the Supreme Court Litigation Clinic, Stanford Law School and former US Deputy Assistant Attorney General
• Janet Sabel, `84, Attorney-in-Chief and Chief Executive Officer of The Legal Aid Society and former Chief Deputy Attorney General of New York
• Seth Waxman, former Solicitor General of the United States, current Partner at WilmerHale in Washington, DC