Ericsson senior vice president and chief legal officer Nina Macpherson and Vodafone Group legal director Kerry Phillip are in a shortlist of eight in-house lawyers for the accolade of Global In-house Lawyer of the Year.
The eight-strong shortlist, which was drawn from dozens of nominations, also includes high-calibre lawyers from Acciona, AIG Europe, Sirius Metals, Sysmex Europe, Thomas Cook and WIND Telecomunicazioni.
The nominations have been diverse, with nominees celebrated for implementing technology and aligning legal teams in a short period of time, to helping to restructure a business or handling complex regulatory matters.
The winner will be named at The Lawyer’s European Awards in London, on 16 March at Grange St. Paul’s.
More than 350 of the best lawyers from across Europe will come together to celebrate best practice in the international legal market.
Last year’s winner was King Digital Entertainment legal chief Rob Miller, who took home the award in the first year the category was launched.
The full shortlist:
- Acciona head of legal José Julio Figueroa Gómez de Salazar
- AIG Europe general counsel Chris Newby
- Ericsson senior vice president and chief legal officer Nina Macpherson
- Sirius Minerals general counsel Nick King
- Sysmex Europe senior vice president legal affairs and group counsel EMEA Stephanie Schaal
- Thomas Cook group general counsel Alice Marsden
- Vodafone Group legal director Kerry Phillip
- WIND Telecomunicazioni general counsel Mark Shalaby
#1 Lawyers Search Engine