October 22, 2019
The Journal of Legislation & Public Policy hosted this panel, which took stock of the current state of federal clemency and considered the future of federal clemency reform. Panelists also discussed relaxed compassionate release requirements, initiatives by prior administrations, and proposals by the 2020 Democratic candidates.
• Rachel Barkow, NYU School of Law
• Ames Grawert, Brennan Center for Justice
• David Patton, Federal Defenders of New York
• Michael Bosworth, MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated
• Caitlin Glass, Office of the Appellate Defender